Sunday 23 June 2013

When The Music Stops

This week I've had a lot of time on my hands which has led to me thinking, this isn't an everyday occurrence and it tends to have interesting results. This time I got to thinking about musicals, anyone that knows me will know that I’m a massive musicals fan but this time I thought, what if musicals didn't have any music? If the situations that happened in these shows happened in everyday life, without the music the majority would be down right depressing. Several would definitely have a rightful place on the Jeremy Kyle show.

With this in mind I thought about several musicals and gave them Jeremy Kyle style tag lines, here they are…


Starlight Express- It's a musical about trains...


Cats- It's a musical about cats...


 Chess- It's a musical about chess...


 Legally Blonde- Proving that stalking really does pay off.




 Billy Elliot- Spending all our life savings on one boy is ok, just as long as you don't go back to work.




 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang- The original Transformer.



Joseph- Taking sibling rivalry to new extremes.


Mamma Mia- Never read your mother's old diaries.


 Lion King- Never trust a lion with a scar, or with several Hyena minions.



Mary Poppins- Changing health and safety laws with umbrellas forever. 



Several musicals also fall under the category of-


"If you can't look after your children, don't have so many."

The Sound of Music- Thank God for the rogue nun. 



The King and I- At least he has plenty of choice for an heir.




Joseph- Proving that you should never tell your children who your favourite is. 



And then there are those under the category,

"Without the music its almost certainly abduction."

Les Miserables- There is far too much drama and depression for one caption. 



Annie- The first time a ginger was the top choice.




 Oliver- Child labour is acceptable if they are homeless.



That's all I have for now, but as a massive musicals geek I really enjoyed writing this and thinking all of these up. I will probably write another blog post about my love for musicals some time in the near future as there are several shows I have missed off this list! If you enjoyed this feel free to leave a comment with any more Jeremy Kyle musical situations or give me a tweet here



No comments:

Post a Comment